1. FIFA requires a 24 foot wide and 8 foot high goal, but its only soccer net requirement is that the net be attached to (and behind) the goal, and properly supported so it doesn't interfere with the goalkeeper.
2. Soccer is an unusual sport in that the size of its goal can vary a great deal from one age group to another. If your players are aged 12 or older, then the FIFA goal and net size is usually standard. Otherwise soccer goal dimensions vary by setting and age group. For players aged nine to 11, soccer goals should be about 6.5-8 feet high and 18.5-24 feet wide. For players younger than nine, goal dimensions of 4.5-6.5 feet high and 9-18.5 feet wide are common, though a 9-12 foot width is more typical for six- to eight-year-olds.
3. When some people play soccer, the ball enters a fourth dimension. No need to bust out the astrophysics though. We're simply talking about soccer goals with the added dimension of depth. You can tell them apart by the frame that extends a couple feet back from the top crossbar and then drops at a 45-degree angle. Soccer nets for these goals have four dimensions: Height x Width x Depth (top) x Bottom depth. If yours is a depth-less goal, look for a soccer net with 0D or 0D and 0B dimensions.
4. Gauge can be a slightly confusing term for soccer goal shoppers: it's used to refer to both the tubing thickness of goal frames and the mesh thickness of soccer nets. A typical mesh gauge is 2.5mm or 3mm. Our professional-quality soccer nets feature a thicker, more durable 5mm gauge.
5. Soccer nets are made from tough synthetic materials that offer excellent all-weather performance and durability. Generally speaking, higher-end nets are often made from twisted polyethylene, a tough, lightweight, abrasion-resistant material. Other nets are made from polypropylene, a stiffer, more rigid synthetic.
6. Though some recreational nets offer a slip-on design, most competition nets are attached to goals via one of several fastening systems. Some soccer goals are equipped with net fasteners systems such as clips or bars. If your goal lacks fasteners, we recommend purchasing a system from our Soccer Accessories section, which includes fastening options such as quick ties, hook and loop net straps, and screw-in net hooks.
7. In addition to the highly visible option of color, our soccer nets can be purchased singly or in pairs. Click “View Options” for pair pricing on individual nets.